Monday, August 3, 2020

New effort with MyTrueAncestry.com

As a follow-up to the previous test I expanded tests including samples from a larger area.   These results look decent, although some individual results can be uncertain, which can be a result of bad aDna quality.   First my results and another Finnish result.  We both show similar Viking era history, but the difference exists in more ancient times.  The reason is probably that I am Western Finnish and she/he is Southwestern Finnish.   All samples are from academic sources (except mine) and randomly selected, so I can't assure that they represent any average for their ethnicity. 

The time of first results is limited to 1000 BC, but there is no particular reason to do it,  I just did it before I found out that at least in the south the decent history is much longer.  

My result:


Southwestern Finnish result:



Obviously she/he has more Eastern ancient origin than me, although the later history is very similar pointing to an Iron Age Scandinavian influence.  This conclusion is not far fetched, because my yDna reflects over 2000 years old Scandinavian origin and Southwest Finland got its Uralic population around 300-500 AD. 

For comparison a Swedish result.  It is obvious that her/his older history differs from what we see in Finnish results and is Central European (Saxon etc), until the Scandinavian ancestry stabilized in the Iron Age.






To see how the Fennoscandinavian ancestry differs from more eastern Uralic and Iron Age Steppe ancestry, I picked also a Mari and Tatar samples.


Mari:


Tatar:


And a Turkish sample, which shows decent ancient Anatolian ancestry:



Italian result from Tuscany:



I would say that there is quite a lot logic in these results, much more provable than not provable.  Even though there are ancestry points hard to explain, we can't say that even that ancestry is not always wrong.   Definitely there is a much potential to use aDna samples with reasonable algorithms to find out hidden ancestry and learn more about our history, plus dispel misconception. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

English preferred, because readers are international.

No more Anonymous posts.