Thursday, January 23, 2020

Baltic Sea Vikings and wandering Germanic groups

Following the idea presented in my previous post, I compared in a wide picture the common genetic drift between modern Europeans and those loosely understood Viking groups reported in my mytrueancestry.com results.   Before 3Pop-analyses something has to be done, all snp-sets has to be standardized.  I can guarantee that if you put data sets into analysis at random you will get simply garbage.  Actually also Dstat calls for extra attention, but especially 3Pop is a pitfall if you have not done any pre-analysis.  Even though in my previous Dstat I was able to use commercial Finnish groups without data standardization, the same wouldn't work with 3Pop.  To get a valid Finnish samples representing Southwestern Finns and covering the Human Origin data set,  I made a 3Pop-pre-analysis  selecting best 1000genomes samples corresponding my genealogically confirmed project samples. 

Oeselian samples:

X04 dated 420BC
V12 dated 215BC



No comments:

Post a Comment

English preferred, because readers are international.

No more Anonymous posts.